At the end of the year, the 19th Hole Media team gets together to reflect on our successes and failures throughout the year. This meeting gives us an opportunity to fine-tune our direction and set new goals for the upcoming year. These are the Top 10 things we accomplished in 2015.
Top 10 of 2015
10. Share Your Passion Scholarships
Since starting the Share Your Passion Scholarships in 2012, we’ve awarded scholarships to 17 deserving students. We have kept in contact with many scholarship winners and are still inspired by them. They continue to work towards following their passions and helping better the lives of others. This year we awarded 3 Share Your Passion Scholarships and gave out our first Student of the Year Scholarship Award to one of the hardest working students at The Tutoring Solution.
9. TV Appearance
Zeb appeared on the Golf Life Video Channel for Fox Sports WEST. It was pretty darn cool to get on television.
8. Joined the Rotary Club
Zeb was inducted into the Chino Rotary Club by Melinda Robbins, Dale Bright, and Steven Bremer. The Chino Rotary Club has been serving the Chino Valley since 1925. San Bernardino County Supervisor Curt Hagman spoke and my wife, Cindy, mom, Annie, and dad, Larry were all in attendance.
7. Speaking Engagements
One of the things we enjoy most is educating others on growing their business. This year Zeb spoke with the San Bernardino County Workforce Investment Board, the Inland Empire Small Business Development Center, the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce, Baldy View ROP, Small Business Summit, the California Golf Course Owners Association and the Golf Inc. Summit.
Topics for Zeb’s Speaking Engagements were:
- Internet Marketing Strategies
- Marketing with Facebook
- How to Turn Your Business Into a Social Business
- Marketing with LinkedIn
- Marketing with Twitter
- Social Media for Golf Courses
- Innovative Marketing Tactics for Public Courses
At the beginning of this year Zeb started #GolfChat. #GolfChat is a Twitter chat which happens every Tuesday at 5PM PST where some of the greatest minds in the golf industry come together to talk golf. #GolfChat has grown drastically since the beginning of the year and is a trending topic on Twitter every Tuesday. We’ve met so many amazing and passionate people working to grow golf. A highlight of #GolfChat in 2015 was when professional golfer, Natalie Gulbis surprised #GolfChatters by giving away free tickets to the U.S. Open at Chambers Bay Golf Course.
5. Awards and Accolades
It’s always nice to be recognized for the hard work you do. This year we were extremely grateful to receive a few unexpected awards:
- Top 9 Game Changers by Southland Golf Magazine
- 10 Most Innovative People in Golf Marketing by Golf Inc. Magazine
- Top 100 Podcasts that Will Make You Smarter, Better and Wiser by Inc. Magazine
- Silent Partner of the Year by the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce
4. Southern California Charity Golf Classic
We hosted the 1st Annual Southern California Charity Golf Classic to raise money for several worthy charities on July 17 at Los Serranos Country Club.
With help from many in our community, the tournament helped raise $7,597.81 for charity.
We distributed the money to several charities including: Bark for Life, Boys Republic, California Scholastic Press Association, Chino Rotary, Corona Firefighters Benevolent Fund, House of Ruth, The Let It Be Foundation, Salvation Army, Share Your Passion Scholarship, and the Wounded Warrior Project.
We had such a great time with this, we’re planning on running it again in 2016!
3. Chairman of the Board at the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce
On July 27, Zeb was installed as Chairman of the Board for the Chino Valley Chamber of Commerce.
Becoming the Chairman of the Board has given Zeb an opportunity to help make local business owners more successful.
During his term of office, he set five goals to work towards in 2015/2016:
- connect and work with other local business-related organizations
- collaborate more with organizations that work to educate business owners
- encourage and promote the involvement of young business owners in our community
- enhance our use of technology
- focus more on giving back
2. Lacey Gets Married
In August this year Lacey got married to Ryan Bernholtz at a fun wedding in Santa Ana, CA.
In June, Lacey’s twin brother, Rocky married Megan Hutchinson at a beautiful wedding in Corona, CA.
Truly a notable year for the Welborn Family and there was another addition to family this year…
#1. Birth of Sebastian Welborn-De La Torre
Sebastian Welborn-De La Torre was born on Friday, November 13th at 9:52pm in Ontario at 8 pounds, 9 ounces.
Sebastian is a happy, healthy, and super cute baby.
Zeb says it’s awesome being a dad.
Thank you all for everything! We hope you all have an amazing 2016.
Sign up for our email list to become a part of 19th Hole Media in 2016 – http://eepurl.com/OTrhf
Latest posts by Zeb Welborn (see all)
- 7 Quick Tips to Add Followers for Your Golf Courses Social Media Accounts - April 26, 2017
- Do Facebook Marketing Right for Your Golf Course - March 10, 2017
- The Great Golf Course March Bracket - March 3, 2017